Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Last Saturday K and I went shopping at a Wegman's store. We don't go often as it is too far to travel every week just for groceries - even though we really like the store.

One of the more unusual things about the store is that they are able to sell beer. Pennsylvania law doesn't allow the sale of beer in most places except for bars and beer distributors and a few stores dedicated to selling beer. Yes. We do live in the dark ages here... Anyhoo - a couple locations of Wegmans are allowed to sell 6-packs and the one we go to is one of them.

K and I decided to each pick out a 6 pack of beer to buy as they have a nice selection of different types. K chose Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy and I went with Bell's Amber Ale.

Saturday evening, K decides to drink some of his beer and ends up drinking the entire 6-pack. I asked for a taste but I wasn't impressed so I only took a sip. I drank one of my beers. (and discovered that it is a really delicious beer! So good, I want to savor them.)

Sunday I had 2 more of my beers and K asked if he could have one. I pointed out that he could still have some of his left it he hadn't drank it all but allowed him to drink one of mine.

Last night I had one of the last 2 and went to bed early. I'm working a different job at work and I have to arrive at 5AM so 8:00 is my bedtime this week.

Just now, I went to pull out my last beer and... it's gone. Yeah. He drank my last beer -without asking. Worse, he's not the least bit sorry.

I am livid.

Perhaps I'm over-reacting. I haven't been sleeping well and my temper might be a bit quick but... I am not a happy camper.

What do you folks think? Am I over-reacting?

photo by Phil Parker

4 comments:

  1. I'd be pissed as hell, especially since it had already been established that *that* sixpack was an asking matter.

    OTOH, it's not the end of the world.

    But, JEEZ! Consuming somebody's *last* anything??? That is just purely trifling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine does that alot. What's his is his and what's mine is his. I'd be mad, sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record, I've calmed down considerably. A good night's sleep will do that. ;-) I still think he was out of line, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meh, depends. Mate has done that to me with beer many times. We'll each buy our own 12 pack (we're drinkers over here lol), Mate will polish his off and then tap into mine. I try to pitch a fit about it, but it doesn't get me anywhere. His beer tastes like ass so I can never steal any. What I end up doing is taking something else of his...snacks, etc. If you're gonna take mine, I'm taking yours. Fair is fair. lol

    Try that to K with some of his favorite stuff and see what happens. I'm certain he will be less than understanding.

    ReplyDelete