Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Tuesday, August 2, 2011


I use my iPod as my alarm clock. Why I do so is another story for another day.

Yesterday when it went off I found that the touch screen would not respond to my touch. I went online and tried everything they suggested to fix this but nothing worked. The only alternative was to contact support.

I mentioned the problem to K after work yesterday and he suggested that we go to the Apple Store. The closest Apple Store is 30 miles away and it was a work night but if you know K, you know that we had to go right then!! So... yeah. *rolls her eyes* Off we went.

Upon arrival at the store, one of the employees tried a couple things that I had already tried, but... I know. They have to go through the process. Then they reinstalled my software. It was not a software problem. After asking me twenty times if I got it wet (I did not get it wet) and peering inside the with a light to determine that I did not get it wet (*sighs*) they told me that they would set me up with an appointment with someone from the Genius bar.

In an hour. Yeah.

So... we walked around the shopping center. K bought a new pair of slippers. I got blisters on my feet. Finally we returned to the store for our appointment.

In short, since my iPod was less than a year old, I now have a new iPod - free of charge. I still need to sync it with my computer to get everything back on it, but yeah. I have a new one.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy I have a new iPod. I really am. Overjoyed, even. I felt like someone chopped off my arm without it! I did not appreciate losing my entire evening to the process of obtaining a new one, though. But yeah. No biggie.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you were able to report that your iPod went off at all. Almost every time I have an urgent reason to wake up, something about my iPod and Blackberry alarms (yes, I set both) malfunctions. My technology definitely gets the worst timing ever award. Keep up the interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny is it that I, too, use a Blackberry? I don't use mine as an alarm clock, though, as my fiance will wake me if I fail to rise before he exits the house in the morning - so I have a human backup alarm.

    ReplyDelete