1. A "real" day off. I have a vacation day from work today and I've made no real plans! They'll be no running around and just a tiny bit of housework but I the rest of the time I'll do as I please! Just a nice, lazy day to catch up with friends online and maybe write a letter or two if I take the time.
2. First corn-on-the-cob of the season. We found some delicious ears of salt and pepper corn at a local store this week. We soaked it in water and cooked it on the grill in the husks. It tasted like summer!
3. Not so hot days. I'm so glad that the heat died down just a bit this week! It's been over 90 degrees and humid for weeks with little or no rain. This week saw some days in the 80s and some rain! My grass is starting to look a little healthier and if this keeps up, we'll have to mow it soon!
4. The groundhog under the shed. Yes. This is an odd addition. Let me explain: We have a dog named Brooke who is probably the worst couch potato you've ever seen! She's not overweight as we're very careful about that but... she's not very active and I worry about this. Earlier this week, I let her outside to "do her business" and she spotted a groundhog down near the shed. Well! She took off running toward it and it turned around and disappeared under the shed! Ever since she spotted that groundhog, my Brooke runs outside and races down to inspect the area around the shed every time we let her out. I'm sure the groundhog is long gone (K looked and could find no sign of it) but Brooke is on the job! She spends a lot of time racing from one side of the shed to the other so she is certainly getting her exercise!
5. Meeting new online friends. I've been getting to know some new people online recently - most through participating in memes like this one! It's wonderful to get to know people from all over the world online and I'm grateful for all my friends - new and old.