Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The ABCs of me

I've seen this meme a couple of places so I thought I'd try it... Here goes!


A - Wow. Stuck already... Adorable? Ha-Ha! No... Airhead? Only sometimes... Ah! American! There we go.
B - Brooke, my dog! Isn't she adorable?











C - Coffee! I'm a real bear without my morning caffeine!
D - I'm a registered Democrat - and an unashamed tree-hugging liberal!
E- Engaged. My marital status for the last... 10 years or so. And it's likely to stay that way. *shrugs* Don't fix it if it isn't broken, I always say!
F- French. I took french in middle and high school. I don't recall most of it but it occasionally comes in handy.
G- Gray! My eye color. (not my hair color. Those are silver highlights, by the way. Silver, I tell you!)
H- I enjoy hiking in the woods.
I-Homemade ice cream! We had one of those hand-cranked ice cream makers when I was growing up and we'd make ice cream on special occasions! My sister has our old one and we still use it when the family gets together sometimes. There is nothing like homemade ice cream!
J- Jelly doughnuts are probably my least favorite doughnut - and it has to be bad for me not to love...
K- My fiance's name begins with a K so I call him K on here! I know... I'm so original... :-P
L- Lilacs are my favorite flower! We had two lilac bushes in our backyard when I was young - one purple, one white. When the lilacs would bloom, there would be bouquets of lilacs throughout the house! I loved the smell!
M-Music. My taste in music is rather eclectic as I like almost all kinds of music with a notable exception of most country music and most rap/hip-hop music. I just can't stand those, for the most part.
N- I'm a bit of a "nut" for nuts! Almonds are my favorite, but I'll eat almost any nut - pecan, walnuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, etc! I even spread almond butter on my toast in the morning!
O- Olives are one of my favorite treats - both black and green! Yum!
P- I was born, raised and still live in Pennsylvania! (though I do like to visit other places!)
Q- I'm quiet until I get to know people. I find it much easier to be outgoing on the internet than it is in person. So much so that people have a hard time believing that I'm really quite the introvert in person!
R- Reading! One of my favorite activities!
S- I love storms! I still remember sitting on the porch, watching the clouds roll in and listening to the thunder and watching the lightning with my father. :-)
T- Tent camping. I love camping - in a tent - without electric (although I do appreciate a water source nearby and a proper bathroom... so not really roughing it)
U-The UK is top on my list of places I want to visit. Now I have to either figure out how to drug K and get him on a plane or find a traveling companion.
V- I've always wanted to learn to play the violin! I know... it's "never too late" but I really don't have the time. I've satisfied myself by teaching myself how to play the ukulele instead! (well - I'm still learning, but still... it's a much easier instrument!)
W- I'm much happier if our vacation takes us to the woods rather than the beach. I prefer the mountains to the sea!
X- I get eXcited over NFL football! It is my favorite sport and when it isn't football season I'm not sure what to do with myself on Sunday afternoons and Monday nights! (and yes. This is cheating a little but I don't get excited over xylophones or anything else I can think of that begins with an X.)
Y-Yep! Almost done with the list! Go me!
Z- My zodiac sign is Scorpio.


2 comments:

  1. Abc's of me is a voiceboks.com event.
    Check out voiceboks. It helps you find new followers/readers.
    French...I took 5 years of it. Went to France and lived there 6 months on the road to a language arts degree. And wound up a nurse.

    ReplyDelete