Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, July 30, 2011


We left the house at 10:00 this morning and finally just got home. We were shopping.

Grocery shopping took me to 3 different stores - and I still need to hit up another one for meat. (I'm picky and cheap so I don't buy everything at one store)

We stopped at the pet store to get Brooke another ball to play with in the yard. I spotted some socks with pit bulls on them so I had to buy them! You've no idea how unusual it is to find items with pit bulls on them! They have so many things - calendars, key rings, mousepads, mugs, etc with different breeds of dogs on them but hardly ever pit bulls! So! I'm the proud owner of a pair of $8 pit bull socks. So much for claiming to be cheap, huh?

Oh, well. If I didn't save so much at other places I shop, I wouldn't have been able to buy them, right? That's what I'll tell myself.

1 comment:

  1. $8 *is* cheap for a rare and therefore priceless item!

    ReplyDelete