Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Sunday, July 31, 2011


I never did get to the housework yesterday (other than doing a couple loads of laundry) so today is the day to do this.

Now all I need is motivation.

It always struck me as odd that my mother enjoys doing housework. She truly does. Now, I enjoy having a clean house. I can say that. I don't think that I could ever say that I enjoy doing the work, however.

Perhaps I'm just lazy.

Well, truth be told, I am lazy, but... not too lazy to get the work done when it needs to be done. So! Off I go to do housework and I'll reward myself with playing on the computer after it is all done!

2 comments:

  1. I need to find people who actually enjoy housework... I knew from fairly early in childhood that such people existed because when my class toured Washington's Birthplaceone year, I commented that I would hate to have to shine those huge copper pots in the kitchen, and one of the ladies who worked there said she loved doing that, but hated cooking. I would happily cook to have people clean for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on that! I like cooking but hate the cleaning!

    ReplyDelete